& Big Media Narratives
PART 2 of Anti-Semitism and the Rise of Techno-Media Imperialism
Read Part 1
“Those who manipulate the organized habits and opinions of the masses constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of the country…. It remains a fact that in almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons…. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind, who harness old social forces and contrive new ways to bind and guide the world…. As civilization has become more complex, and as the need for invisible government has been increasingly demonstrated, the technical means have been invented and developed by which opinion may be regimented.”
~Edward Bernays, Propaganda (1928)
|Exhibit: Remembering what D-Day was all about.
Current mainpage of the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
The Techno-Media Platform for Growing Anti-Semitism
The Jewish people are both an ethnic and religious group that has been uniquely singled out for significant persecution throughout history. This is because they are God’s “chosen people” (Deuteronomy 7:6; 14:2; Psalm 47:19-20). The devil has always waged war against them. The ancient book of Esther records how Haman “sought to destroy all the Jews that were throughout the whole kingdom” (Esther 3:6). After centuries of pogroms the last hundred years were the worst with the Holocaust. The turn of the millennium has brought renewed hostility towards those of Jewish ancestry.
The rapid rise of Big Tech with Big Media on the Internet—and their close cousins in Social Media – are fast spreading the terrible leaven of anti-Semitism in new ways in our generation. The legal scholar Alan M. Dershowitz commented on this virulent new vehicle for anti-Semitism when condemning The New York Times’ recent anti-Semitic cartoons:
The distance between the offices of The New York Times international edition and the Chabad synagogue in San Diego, which a gunman attacked on Saturday, is growing smaller as the reach of the internet is growing larger. Both the extreme right and extreme left dehumanize Jews, and it is far easier to kill a dehumanized stereotype than a real person.
The New York Times issued a weak apology after publishing the first hideous anti-Semitic cartoon in their international edition, saying it was “an error in judgment.” After the second caricature depicting Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu as a dog, another classic anti-Semitic canard, they admitted that this sort of anti-Semitic “imagery is always dangerous.”
That this happened twice raises questions. Maybe these two cartoons were not an accident. Maybe they weren’t clumsy mistakes. Were these two offensive publishing acts by Big Media Giant The New York Times, “which is considered the gold standard of journalism,” intentional? Were they testing the waters to see how far they could go with pushing the envelope? Would there be a loud hue and cry? Just how much public outrage would there be – a little or a lot? Who would speak out against it and from which quarters would it come? Who in society is still willing to defend Jewish people against these offensive caricatures?
The fact is that the nation of Israel is always a hot button politically. And an anti-Israel cartoon could have been drawn that didn’t utilize offensive anti-Semitic imagery. But this isn’t the first time this particular Big Media Giant has engaged in flagrant anti-Semitism. In the newly released book Unfreedom of the Press an entire chapter is devoted to how The New York Times “consciously downplayed or ignored the Holocaust,” and engaged in
self-censorship and outright suppression of information or events to advance a narrative or kill actual news. Two particularly hideous examples of this dishonest practice involved the real-time evidence in the 1930s and 1940s of the Nazis’ liquidation of Europe’s Jews and in the early 1930s of the Stalin regime’s starvation of the Ukrainians.
Big Media’s Big Bully Pulpit
Big Media is widely known as a Big Bully. Consider that much of Big Media no longer necessarily claims to be fair and balanced. It openly advocates for its pet issues, agendas and candidates, and brazenly seeks to impose its own worldview on its readers. More noticeably lately is that Big Media is engaging in verbal attacks on certain segments of the population, even resorting to unprofessional acts such as ridiculing, stereotyping, mocking, caricaturing, stigmatizing, and denigrating.
Big Media has Big Influence. The fact that it is often referred to as “liberal media” by its critics indicates that it has a political bias. Big Media prides itself on beating the drum for its favorite new causes, movements, agendas, even its favored candidates and political party. It promulgates propaganda for its own progressive goals, often to the detriment of those who disagree with its point of view. By negatively portraying opponents of its pet causes with ugly stereotypes Big Media effectually quashes free, fair and full discussion of actual issues. Big Media is both biased and bigoted, despite its occasional protestations to the contrary. Both Christians and Jews often feel the brunt of this foul treatment.
Big Media is also exacerbating racial tensions by exaggerating stereotypes and stigmatizing entire people groups. Many Big Media pundits have been crying “Racist! Racist! Racist” for so long and broadcasting it so widely that this accusation is losing its impact. It is starting to sound like the proverbial “boy who cried wolf.” This is a disturbing development. In a climate of heated political debate, Big Media is adding fuel to racial tension fires. But this isn’t consistent. Most of mainstream Big Media is ignoring or discounting the extraordinary rise in anti-Semitism around the world. In fact, Big Media trivializes the Holocaust when it cavalierly spouts off with name-calling people it dislikes as a “Nazi! Nazi! Nazi!”
|Exhibit: News headline
Ethnos vs. Ethnos
Why are all racial tensions so dramatically escalating? Looking at this issue in a broader biblical context, we recognize that these are the last days Jesus Christ warned about in Matthew 24:7 – “For nation shall rise against nation.” The Greek word is “ethnos” (ἔθνος). From this word we get our English words “ethnic” or “ethnicity.” Ethnos has to do with the concept of tribe, race, nation, affinity group or people group. Ethnos must be very deeply embedded in our human nature because Revelation 22:2 speaks of a future time when the “leaves of the tree” of life are “for the healing of the nations [ethnos, Gk.].”
At its worst ethnos vs. ethnos turns into ethnic cleansing and genocide. Ethnic cleansing is defined as
the systematic forced removal of ethnic, racial and/or religious groups from a given territory by a more powerful ethnic group, often with the intent of making it ethnically homogenous. The forces applied may be various forms of forced migration (deportation, population transfer), intimidation, as well as genocide and genocidal rape.
Ethnic cleansing is usually accompanied with efforts to remove physical and cultural evidence of the targeted group in the territory through the destruction of homes, social centers, farms, and infrastructure, and by the desecration of monuments, cemeteries, and places of worship.
The past hundred years have given rise to the dramatic devastations caused by ethnos vs. ethnos conflicts – Stalin’s purges, the Holocaust, Rwanda, Serbia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, recently the Yazidis and now the Uyghurs. Ethnic cleansing and genocide are usually state-sponsored by the ruling party, and its ugly facts are often denied and repressed. For example, recently published research on Turkey’s persecution of Armenian Christians a hundred years ago has finally brought their evil genocide to light. The authors, two professors from Ben Gurion University in Israel, conclude that the Turkish government “has continued to deny the painful history we have uncovered.”
It is difficult to fathom that in our so-called “civilized” era, people groups of racial and religious diversity are still being systematically exterminated, persecuted and forcibly “re-educated.” Yet we know the certainty of our fallen human nature, that “there is none that doeth good, no, not one” (Romans 3:12; Psalms 14:3 and 53:3).
|Exhibit: Tower of Babel mosaic
The Techno-Media Tower of Babel
This exhibit above is a photograph taken from the centerfold of the most recent issue of Biblical Archeology Review. It illustrates the beautiful mosaic images excavated from a 5th century synagogue in Huqoq, Israel. This is a mosaic depicting the Tower of Babel. It is fascinating that this old image of the Tower of Babel shows men fighting each other as they built it, including various races (notice the two men fighting in the middle).
For the first time since ancient human history ethnos can now communicate with ethnos. The burgeoning Techno-Media empires spreading across the globe now supersede the former barriers of language, effectually building a new Tower of Babel on the planet. This New Tower of Babel is being reconstructed before our very eyes. But as it is assembled, we are witnessing “ethnos rising against ethnos” in brutal new ways. People increasingly spew out hatred against each other. Nasty verbal attacks go viral almost instantaneously. Twitter gets more reactions when people use provocative, combative words. Spewing verbiage is spreading the contagion of hate.
Upon the platforms of Big Tech, both Big Media and Social Media are bringing out the worst in human nature. Big Media is now picking up the worst of Twitter feeds and helps these attacks go even more viral. And Social Media in turn aids Big Media by spreading this venom. In this toxic environment the most extreme seeds of racism are finding a fertile soil in which to grow their poison. Is it any wonder then that the old archetype of anti-Semitism would rear its ugly head?
|Exhibit: Hierarch of disagreement. Note lower levels.
There is an increasing climate of “identity politics” arising. This is an example of ethnos vs. ethnos. Some of this is being deliberately provoked by political agents and their cohorts in Big Media. Many sorts of people who identify as a group are now complaining they are victims of discrimination because of their racial, sexual, social, religious or political, etc. identity. Their “identity” could be considered their ethnos. Using the term ethnos in its broadest sense, it could even include corporations, corporate cultures, people in a geographical area, or people who associate together in a group for any other reasons.
Some ethnos groups are making demands for entitlements, special rights, even cash reparations. People who express doubts, or disagree based on factual matters, are slapped by Big Media and its close ally Social Media with negative labels like xenophobic, misanthropic, misogynist, racist, etc. In this way free and open debate is quashed by name calling and ad hominem attacks.
This is all part of the daily news feed now. One group seems to be pitted against another for the purpose of dialectic manipulations to shift the culture. But there is almost always a remnant minority who gets harmed in some way or another. The “rights” of one group might infringe upon the “rights” of another group. A classic example is a woman’s “right” to an abortion infringes on a child’s “right” to be born alive. This escalation in ethnos vs. ethnos is palpable, sometimes erupting on the streets in violence.
A broad term describing these popular new ethnos causes is “social justice.” This is rooted in a political paradigm that “views American society as a system of oppressive hierarchies based on race, gender and sexual orientation.” Its lineage goes back to cultural Marxism according to an expert who calls it a “utopian dream”:
…social justice is an impossible future in which the inequalities and oppressions that have afflicted human beings for millennia will miraculously vanish and social harmony will rule.”
The concept of “implicit bias” is now utilized by Big Media and its accomplices as a bludgeon. This is a psycho-social accusation, claiming people are racist without conscious cognition or intention: “Implicit bias can persist even when an individual rejects the bias explicitly.” This label is even being applied to people because of their skin color, their race, their gender or their genetic ethnicity – their DNA, something they cannot change. It intrudes upon individual freedom of conscience and conviction. It employs the weapon of shaming accusations. One is deemed guilty, regardless of innocence. This innate racism concept takes ethnos vs. ethnos to a new level of antipathy. This may be intentional. It is easier to manipulate people if they feel guilty.
There is no excuse for anyone to engage in the ethnos vs. ethnos battles. Nor is there any biblical rationale for engaging in racism or the various labeled “phobes” of hatred. Christians especially are to be exemplary in their behavior and attitude towards others. Our business is about the Gospel of salvation, which teaches that there is repentance for sin because Jesus shed His blood on the cross for us. But the evangelical church increasingly embraces the social gospel, “social justice” and identity politics – all of which is bringing ethnos vs. ethnos battles into the church itself.
|Exhibit: Once again Europe is a scary place for Jews
Ethnos and Nationalism
Ethnos is rising against ethnos, or to say it another way, nation is rising against nation. This explains why there is now a negative connotation to the word “nationalism.” Big Media in league with political agendas is now stoking the fires of this anti-nationalism, using it to fuel the fires of racial hatred, including anti-Semitism. But the old definition of nationalism simply implies patriotism towards a country. When most people hear the term nationalism what comes to mind is a pluralistic society filled with diverse people who identify themselves as belonging to a political country, with equality of rights and privilege, and with laws that govern human conduct. Racial tensions arise when underneath the patina of civic nationalism there lurks an ethnic supremacy, a ruling party of a privileged people group(s). And there are many countries that are nearly homogeneous ethnic nations (an ethnos). Ethnos vs. ethnos thus becomes exacerbated.
Recently some have claimed that “nationalism” means “national socialism,” implying Hitler’s Germany. Others have even attempted to equate “nationalism” with “white nationalism” or “white supremacy.” Big Media is pounding its drum with these hyped up claims of “nationalism” as racism. It even insinuates that it is a “code” word or a “dog whistle,” that certain listeners “understand” the secret embedded meaning. This sort of conspiratorial psychobabble drums up discontent. It is increasingly being circulated by Big Media and its buddies.
Big Media appears to be embarking on a brazen attempt to ruin this plainly understood word in the English language so that nationalism forever carries these negative connotations. This is an example of how verbiage itself is changing and terms are being redefined. Those who are in the reigning elite Big Media attempt to wrest control of words and distort their meanings. Some have even gone so far as to change language. All this is reminiscent of George Orwell’s classic book 1984 and its concept of “Newspeak.”
|Exhibit: Constructing the Tower of Babel mosaic
Ethnos and Globalism
There is another reason the plain meaning of the term “nationalism” has to be erased. Nationalism stands in contrast to internationalism, globalism and the New World Order. Indeed, many internationalists have historically disparaged as obsolete the concept of nation-state in their attempts to create a global government. In its most sinister plans a global government would function as a totalitarian state, ruling with its own elite ethnos, superseding national autonomy, and eliminating individual freedoms and rights.
Big Media has long been the handmaiden for internationalists. Over the past century there are innumerable examples of pitting one group against another, ethnos vs. ethnos, inflaming tensions to achieve a pre-contrived “solution” of global dominance, i.e., world government.
The governing elites are working on an agenda that intentionally places people into groups. The primacy of the individual – the autonomy and freedom of the individual – is being subsumed by group identity. When people are horizontally-directed by the culture (ethnos) of their peers, not self-directed, and especially not vertically God-directed, they are more psychologically malleable, and more susceptible to manipulation, coercion, peer pressure, brainwashing and punitive social ostracization tactics. Social Media aids this process considerably.
The Big Bad Media Ethnos
When we view Big Media as its own ethnos, a culture of likeminded corporations that seeks to control much of what is called “mainstream” news, it becomes readily apparent that it wields an omnipresent influence over public perception. Much of what passes for news is no longer journalism, the kind that digs up stories and reports on scoops, but rather is pre-digested pap. Most newsworthy stories go unreported. Almost everything selected to be on the “news” is advocacy for Big Media’s endorsed worldview. Big Media is promulgating its own propaganda, indoctrination, and coercive persuasion – even proselytism. In fact, Big Media broadcasts its own religious code for conduct, disseminates its own rules for morality, and trounces anyone who dares to disagree with its core doctrines.
Big Tech platforms, especially via its Social Media, are now aiding Big Media in taking its narratives mainstream. Big Tech is engaged in censoring alternative viewpoints, even if they are factually based. The old days of scientific inquiry, rational discussions, thorough investigations, and freedom of opinion are rapidly eroding.
Big Media, in conjunction with Big Tech and Social Media, has an incestuous relationship with political pundits. This has been described as “kinship,” which implies there is a broader ethnos of influence:
…the kinship between journalists and the Democratic Party and progressive ideology debases professional journalistic standards, in which advocacy is treated and presented as news.
Political parties, think tanks and agenda-driven organizations ship off “talking points” to the media incessantly. This is readily observable when everyone uses the same exact verbiage on every single newscast. Do they really think people are fooled by this?
Beware Big Media Narratives
This enhanced Big Media ethnos is the most outspoken voice in creating “narratives.” Whenever you hear the term “narrative” look out! Be aware that someone is “spinning” a story, manufacturing a lie, drawing up a deception, fabricating a falsehood, and pushing a particular slant. Think of “narrative” in the sense of “myth” or “fable.” Narrative by definition is not truth, nor fact. Instead a narrative can be an exaggeration, either overstating or understating facts, taking words or events out of context, telling only part of the story, and weaving a tale. The more complex the narrative story, and the longer it remains in the news, the more it becomes entrenched. In fact, loud blastings, long rantings, constant drumbeats, and incessant hammerings of these narratives are intended to generate mass indoctrination, even hysteria.
Narratives represent a form of sloganeering, which is an actually an old political propaganda tactic. Read this definition in the context of ethnos vs. ethnos:
A slogan is a memorable motto or phrase used in a clan, political, commercial, religious, and other context as a repetitive expression of an idea or purpose, with the goal of persuading members of the public or a more defined target group. The Oxford Dictionary of English defines a slogan as “a short and striking or memorable phrase used in advertising.”
Slogans work in a psychological sense because they are simplistic little phrases that stick in the mind. This is how products are advertised. This is how narratives brainwash. The easiest way to avoid this form of mind control is to simply be skeptical and raise questions.
Big Media and “Fake News”
Big Media chomps on an issue, chews its cud, pre-digests it, and spews out gaseous “talking points” and “sound bites” to create narratives. These little mantras, if they are repeated enough to gain traction, can be turned into durable narratives. In fact, it can be observed that Big Media believes its own version of “name it and claim it.” These “talking heads” seem to think if they spout out something long enough and hard enough it will take hold and happen.
Sensationalizing a narrative can reach the point of absurdity. Sometimes this irrationality goes too far and can potentially wreck the narrative. For any narrative to take hold, just as in the case of any other lie, it must contain some rudiment that seems like truth. As the science experiment show Mythbusters used to say, it must seem “plausible.” The insertion of a few genuine facts or pseudo facts can make the narrative more believable. In this manner Satan could succeed in deceiving Eve in the Garden of Eden – he inserted alternative “facts” into his narrative that led her to question God’s Truth (which, by the way, is not a narrative).
Each side of an ethnos vs. ethnos conflict can engage in a dirty war of propaganda in their battles against one another. These narratives, if they take root and gain traction, can supplant the real truth with a fiction that attempts to revise history. This is how conspiracy theories are born and take off. In fact, the goal of most narratives is to create durable myths, based on fabricating, covering up, omitting, or altering actual facts. The extent to which this has been successful has itself been fodder for conspiracy theories. Holocaust deniers are an example of attempting to change factually documented history by insidiously inserting alternative narratives.
Big Media Cover-Ups
Which brings this entire discussion back to The New York Times. It is a shameful fact that The New York Times covered up the Holocaust during WWII:
And so it was when it came to reporting about the Holocaust, where, among other things, journalistic groupthink and other professional malpractices—suppression and outright self-censorship—came together to create a monumental betrayal of millions of European Jews and the American public, and in what was the greatest example of American media recklessness and deceit ever perpetrated by the press.
Viewed another way, the ethnos of Big Media covered up the extermination of the ethnos of Europe’s Jews and other groups. Note that this narrative was achieved by covering up and/or ignoring Hitler’s extermination program. This sordid history is recorded in the recently published book Unfreedom of the Press, especially in chapter 6 titled “The New York Times Betrays Millions”:
…on November 24, 1942, unambiguous evidence of the Nazis’ ongoing extermination of European Jews was made publicly available, but was largely ignored by the media….
In fact, newly released documents prove that the Allied powers knew firsthand of the mass murder of Jews by December 1942.
Surely the New York Times, with its wide reach, resources, access to foreign sources of information, reputation as the foremost newspaper in the country, large Jewish readership, and its Jewish ownership, would do everything possible to investigate and disclose the horrors of Jewish genocide. But the opposite was true.
Longstanding negative stereotypes are narratives about an ethnos that put the worst possible spin on a group. Narratives often do not rely on rational propositions because science could bust their myth. Genuine science (as opposed to pseudo-science), because it is factual and based on the scientific method, can help to overcome racial biases and malignant stereotypes. For example, genetic research on the ethnos that used to be called Gypsies, reveals they are Romani people that “left northwestern India about 1,500 years ago.”
|Exhibit: The Gypsies also suffered under Hitler
It is now frighteningly evident that the leader of Big Media, The New York Times, has once again dipped its toe back into the putrid waters of anti-Semitism. Was it intending to launch a new narrative? Perhaps there was enough push-back to stall this operation off for awhile. But meanwhile this narrative is popping up all across Big Media, and is especially being generated by other segments of society, including politicians and higher academia.
Being anti-Israel is the most common vehicle to jumpstart this narrative. It is perfectly reasonable to write or speak critically about Israel since it obviously isn’t a perfect country. But very few seem to distinguish valid, objective criticisms from digs and slurs – and most are influenced by the widespread infiltration of propaganda. So many negative narratives have already taken root that they are considered as established fact, even though there may be a body of evidence that paints a different story. Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum explains how this has happened:
When the Arab states on four occasions failed to defeat Israel with the force of arms, they began a propaganda campaign to equate Zionism with racism. Thanks to Arab oil power to bribe and to intimidate the nations, the victims of racism are now accused of being racist themselves. The United Nations has ceased to be an organization seeking justice and peace for the world. It has become a tool for the destruction of existing nations. By condemning Zionism’s right to exist [on November 10, 1975], they have condemned Israel’s right to exist. It is impossible to separate Zionism from Israel.
Big Media Being Sued
Big Media avoids reporting on the lawsuits that are stacking up against them for engaging in flagrantly abusive behavior. Current events are being used to cast the worst possible aspersions on certain persons or groups (ethnos). People’s benign behaviors are being recast with terrible aspersions. The more these tinkered-with stories are piled on top of the original negative narrative, the more they seem to confirm the worst. It becomes an endless attack cycle and the person or group trapped inside it has little recourse to break out of the lie. Images, caricatures, stereotypes, false depictions and selective graphics can perpetuate the narrative. Social Media often gloms onto these Big Media stories and promulgates the worst of it. And vice versa.
There is a staggering decline of professionalism in Big Media. Some news outlets no longer distinguish between factual reporting and opinion. Smears, rants, mischaracterizations, exaggerations, falsifications, and outright lying is now commonplace. This represents an abrogation of the most fundamental responsibility of the press to report news fairly and objectively. This does not bode well for any ethnos that gets caught in Big Media’s crosshairs. There may be more lawsuits.
|Exhibit: Big Media’s attack on Nick Sandmann is bringing big lawsuits
Big Media and Big State
It is dangerous thing for the press to abrogate its role as a bastion of free speech. It is no longer exercising its responsibilities to be a purveyor of open, fair, and objective reporting of real news. When Big Media works as the servant of Big State terrible things can happen to ethnos groups, leading to persecution, even genocide.
How was it that Hitler was able to create such a volatile climate of Jew-hate? By mainstreaming the conspiracy narratives in the Nazi propaganda machine, which became the state-controlled press. And by employing academics to study pseudo-science such as racial hygiene. Hitler took his racial narratives mainstream through a party-controlled Big Media. Note that the racial stigmas especially took root when new technology was seized upon as a vehicle for racial propaganda:
…in 1933, Goebbels’ Propaganda Ministry quickly gained and exerted control over the news media, arts, and information in Germany. He was particularly adept at using the relatively new media of radio and film for propaganda purposes. Topics for party propaganda included antisemitism, attacks on the Christian churches, and… attempting to shape morale.
An elaborate historical narrative was concocted that actually began decades earlier. It blamed Jewish people for everything bad. It elevated the Aryan race (ethnos) to elitism. This was to become the world’s most horrific example of ethnos vs. ethnos. Narrative led to genocide!
Albert Speer, Hitler’s architect and later Minister for Armaments and War Production, later said the regime “made the complete use of all technical means for domination of its own country. Through technical devices like the radio and loudspeaker, 80 million people were deprived of independent thought.”
|Exhibit: Jewish children going to their death
Back in the late 1990s the late Ed Tarkowski, a Christian apologist and discerner who set up the first Internet discussion loop for these issues, warned that the time had come when Christians could no longer trust the media to tell the truth. Many evangelicals were watching the news, paying attention to the “signs of the times,” yet Ed was issuing an early warning that some of this could be “fake news.” He urged his group to be alert, be sober-minded, watch unto prayer, and to stay firmly grounded in Scripture. He also warned us to be skeptical, cautious, careful, discerning, and most of all NOT to be gullible. One of the things that most concerned Ed was the emerging negative narratives about Jewish people and Israel.
Ed’s warning was issued before the days of Big Tech and its Social Media. He was an early observer of how Christians were being adversely influenced by Big Media. Clearly the past two decades have only exacerbated this situation.
Christians need to beware of Big Media and avoid its deceitful narratives.
but they that deal truly are his delight.”
adders’ poison is under their lips.”
and he that uttereth a slander,
is a fool.”
TO BE CONTINUED. . . .
31. Rev. Lewis Markwood, in his message addressing Sanctity of Life Sunday, January 22,1984, Des Moines, Iowa.
32. This is a quotation often cited by Dr. Dennis L. Cuddy in his many books and writings to illustrate how what he calls the “Power Elite” controls the masses via propaganda masquerading as media. Edward Bernays was Sigmund Freud’s nephew. Read more in Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D., “Conspiracy: Part 4,” NewsWithViews, April 14, 2014, http://newswithviews.com/Cuddy/dennis283.htm. See also his book Now is the Dawning of the New Age New World Order (Hearthstone, 1991).
33. Exhibit. This image is found currently posted on the main page at the website for the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum: https://www.ushmm.org. We are 75 years later.
34. See Paul Johnson, A History of the Jews (Ibid.) and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard.
34. Richard Evans, in his trilogy history of the Third Reich, documents the extent to which “racial hygiene” as a virulent form of Anti-Semitism became integrated as a pseudo-science within mainstream German academia: The Coming of the Third Reich (Penguin, 2005); The Third Reich in Power (Penguin, 2006), and The Third Reich at War: 1939-1945 (Penguin, 2009).
35. See the website for the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum for exhaustive documentation: https://www.ushmm.org. Despite massive eyewitness accounts, there is a shocking rise in Holocaust denial which has been exacerbated by the Internet. More will be said on this topic in future segments of this series.
36. Dershowitz, Ibid.
37. The full tweet issued by The New York Times can be found in the article by Kathleen Joyce titled “New York Times Opinion deletes ‘offensive’ Trump, Netanyahu cartoon that ‘included anti-Semitic tropes’,” FOX News, 4/27/19, https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/new-york-times-opinion-issues-statement-on-trump-netanyahu-cartoon-the-image-was-offensive.
38. Victor Garcia, “New York Times slammed for another Netanyahu cartoon days after ‘ anti-Semitic’ sketch, FOX News, 4/29/19, https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/new-york-times-slammed-for-another-netanyahu-cartoon-days-after-anti-semitic-sketch.
39. This quote is from Mark R. Levin, Unfreedom of the Press (Threshold Editions, Simon & Schuster, 2019), p. 220. Levin’s newly released book contains much history about the controversial press coverage of The New York Times. All that glitters about the NYT is definitely not “gold.”
40. Unfreedom of the Press, Ibid., p. 144. There is ample evidence that Big Media was already in cahoots with certain big corporations that were profiting from both sides of the war. See, for example, Edwin Black, IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America’s Most Powerful Corporation (Dialog Press, Expanded edition, 2012). See also Anthony Sutton’s classic, Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler (GSG & Associates Pub., 1976).
41. For example, the unorthodox thinker, the rapper Kanye West, reportedly “blasted the media” during an interview with David Letterman on May 31, 2019 on Netflix, “claiming Americans are ‘completely bullied’ by the press to ‘think certain things.’” This was reported by Joseph A. Wulfsohn, FOX News, June 1, 2019, https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/kanye-west-were-all-completely-bullied-by-the-media-to-think-the-same-way.
42. There is a divide in the media itself, as those who don’t hold the prevailing “politically correct” views fight back. Mollie Hemingway of The Federalist, commenting on “Media Buzz,” FOX News, June 2, 2019, observed that Big Media acts as it were the “public relations arm of the Democratic Party.”
43. Mark Levin’s new book Unfreedom of the Press, which was just released as this section of this article was being written, is highly recommended for those who wish to see extensive documentation on this point. It should be further noted that I had direct experience with national media when I was the state president of Iowa Right to Life Committee in the 1980s, and was often interviewed because this time period was when the right to life came to the forefront as a hot political issue and it was affecting the Iowa first-in-the-nation caucuses. I have experienced directly the mistreatment, ridicule, falsifications, abject lies, stereotyping, etc. from state and national press who interviewed me.
44. This one of Aesop’s Fables. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf. The same thing could be said for the term “Sexist!” which Big Media cries loudly and often.
45. Exhibit. Headline in article by Travis Fedschun, FOX News, May 26, 2019, https://www.foxnews.com/world/german-official-warns-jews-against-wearing-skullcaps-in-public-amid-spike-in-anti-semitism, with the statement: “A top official in German warned the country’s Jewish community on Saturday to avoid wearing the traditional skullcap in public places in certain areas amid a rise in hate crimes.”
46. “Ethnic Cleansing,” Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing. Links removed. These Wikipedia pages are subject to editing, some of which may sanitize history.
47. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis.
48. For an eye-opener see the overview at the “Ethnic cleansing” page and follow the links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing. See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide.
49. Benny Morris and Dror Ze’evi, “When Turkey Destroyed Its Christians,” The Wall Street Journal, May 18, 2019, p. C4. This newspaper article is a summary of the new book The Thirty-Year Genocide: Turkey’s Destruction of Its Christian Minorities, 1894-1924 (Harvard University Press). Both authors are professors at Ben Gurion University of the Negev in Israel.
50. See, for example, Bill Melugin, “Undercover video reveals brutal treatment of Falun Gong prisoners inside Chinese labor camps,” FOX 11, May 21, 2019, http://www.foxla.com/news/national-news/undercover-video-reveals-brutal-treatment-of-falun-gong-prisoners-inside-chinese-labor-camps.
51. This exhibit is a photograph I took of the Tower of Babel mosaic, located in the nave of the recently excavated 5th century Huquq synagogue in Israel, found in the centerfold on pages 37-37 of the May/June 2019 issue of Biblical Archeology Review (Vol. 45, No. 3). Jodi Magness, Shua Kisilevitz, Matthew Grey, Dennis Mizzi, Karen Britt, and Ra’anan Bouston, “Inside the Huqoq Synagogue.” To read more, see: https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-sites-places/biblical-archaeology-sites/huqoq-mosaics-jonah-and-the-whale-the-tower-of-babel/.
53. The case of the Covington high school students who were at the annual national pro-life rally wearing MAGA hats began in Social Media and was picked up by mainstream media. Big Media rushed to run attack stories without checking sources and facts first. This is the subject of some high-profile lawsuits now on behalf of the damaged students. See “Attorney for Covington Catholic High School student sues Washington Post for $250 million,” FOX News, Feb. 19, 2019, https://video.foxnews.com/v/6004265811001/#sp=show-clips. See also Dan Gainor, “Nick Sandmann vs. CNN: There’s a reason the word ‘vicious’ is being used to describe network’s behavior,” FOX News, March 11, 2019, https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/nick-sandmann-vs-cnn-theres-a-reason-the-word-vicious-is-being-used-to-describe-networks-behavior.
54. Exhibit from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem. Ad hominem “is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.”
55. David Horowitz, Dark Agenda: The War to Destroy Christian America (Humanix Books, 2018)., p. 162.
56. Dark Agenda, Ibid., p. 30. This book includes extensive documentation and commentary on these points.
57. “Implicit stereotype”: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit_stereotype.
58. This exhibit comes from a Breitbart article by Simon Kent, December 15, 2017, http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/12/15/exodus-french-jews-forced-islamists-anti-semitism-rises-across-europe/. This article provides disturbing statistics.
59. For an example of the extremes to which people will go to blame Jews, see: Gregg Re, Andrew O’Reilly, “California Dems propose resolution Israeli government to massacre at Pittsburgh synagogue,” FOX News, 5/31/19. s://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-dems-draft-resolutions-link-israel-to-white-supremacist-violence-massacre-at-pittsburgh-synagogue, regarding a proposed California Democrat Party “resolution blasting Israel’s purported role in furthering white supremacy.” This narrative doesn’t make sense on its face, but using the illogic of certain segments of academia and Leftist politics, it must seem to them to be plausible. The story was later updated when this man’s resolution was altered, at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2020-dems-take-shots-at-biden-in-california-convention-delegate-slams-outrageous-resolutions-process.
60. A classic example is when the Communists took over Russia in 1917 they actually deleted some letters from the alphabet. According to a missionary to Russian Christians this act affected their Bible. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reforms_of_Russian_orthography.
61. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak. Time to re-read the classic book 1984 by George Orwell.
62. Exhibit. This photograph is attributed to Jim Haberman. It is from a Tower of Babel mosaic on the floor of a 5th century synagogue in Huqoq, Israel. For a fascinating read, see and follow the links: https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-sites-places/biblical-archaeology-sites/huqoq-mosaics-jonah-and-the-whale-the-tower-of-babel/.
63. Berit Kjos’s website crossroad.to contains exhaustive documentation on the issue of building a new world order, internationalism, etc., from a Christian perspective See, for just one example, her article “A Chronology of the UN: The Revolutionary Steps to Global Tyranny,” http://www.crossroad.to/heaven/Excerpts/chronologies/un.htm. Follow the links to other related articles.
64. See Berit Kjos’s many articles on the topic of how people are manipulated, particularly “Brainwashing in America: Why Few Dare Call it Conspiracy,” http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/brainwashing.html and follow the links.
65. Exhibit. Photo from: https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/gallery/treblinka-photographs.
66. See, for example, Dr. Mercola’s article “Censorship is the Last Tool of Tyrants,” Mercola.com, May 28, 2019, https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2019/05/28/vaccine-censorship.aspx.
67. See Mark Levin’s book Unfreedom of the Press (Ibid.) for a multitude of heavily documented examples.
68. Mark Levin, Unfreedom of the Press, Ibid, p. 90. There is fascinating documentation in his book to back up this point, naming names of individuals and organizations. This quotation pertains to American media and politics.
69. Decades ago Rush Limbaugh ran one of his first “media montages” on his radio show, based on the media trumpeting the term “gravitas” on nearly every single news and opinion show. From that point on many in the conservative news media caught on and began to run their own media montages that illustrate this phenomena.
70. Definition of slogan. Bold in original, links removed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slogan.
71. Exhibit. This graphic can be found at https://www.stopfake.org/en/seven-commandments-of-fake-news-new-york-times-exposes-kremlin-s-methods/.
72. Read “Mind-Numbing Narratives,” Herescope, 3/17/16, https://herescope.net/2016/03/mind-numbing-narratives.html.
73. Think of the claims that 9/11 was a coverup, or the Obama birther stories, Pearl Harbor, the Moon landing, or the Kennedy Assassination. There are durable conspiracy theories, too, and many of them are highly documented to the point where it calls into question the longstanding “official” media narrative. In this sense it possible that Big Media may be helping the government by aiding a cover-up when unsavory facts are deemed to be too controversial for public consumption. National security is sometimes given as a reason for this. Some researchers have reported longstanding battles with Freedom of Information Act requests.
74. Unfreedom of the Press, Ibid, p. 145.
75. Ibid., p. 146.
76. Ibid., p. 147.
77. For a fascinating overview see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people. See also this more precise history at: “Sinti & Roma: The ‘Gypsies’,” http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/holoprelude/romasinti.html.
78. Exhibit. Photo from: http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/holoprelude/romasinti.html.
79. Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum, “ZIONISM – WHAT IT IS AND WHAT IT IS NOT,” paper, bold added. See the published version online at Ariel Ministries website: https://www.ariel.org/pdfs/thought-tracts/zionism-what-is-it-tract.pdf.
80. In addition to the material in an earlier footnote about Covington High School student Nick Sandmann, see also the following reports: “Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann sues NBC for $275M,” FOX News, May 2, 2019, https://video.foxnews.com/v/6032191776001/#sp=show-clips; “More lawsuits on the way from Covington student Nick Sandmann,” March 15, 2019, https://video.foxnews.com/v/6014293616001/#sp=show-clips.
81. The courts are also used against those who stand against anti-Semitism. See the book titled Lawfare: the war against free speech by Brooke Goldstein and Aaron Eitan Meyer (Center for Security Policy, 2011) which documents the rise of Islamists using the legal system to attack free speech.
82. Exhibit. Nick Sandmann with Nathan Phillips, Claire Chretien, “Nick Sandmann files $250 million lawsuit against Washington Post,” LifeSiteNews, February 19, 2019, https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-nick-sandmann-files-250-million-lawsuit-against-washington-post.
83. Joseph Goebbels and his use of media for propaganda in Nazi Germany indicates the extreme lengths that the controlling elites will go to exercise control over people by controlling their “narratives.” See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels. See Richard Evans, Ibid.
84. Richard Noll, Ibid.
86. Photo under the subsection “From House to House,” a photo of children being sent to “certain death.” https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/give-me-your-children-voices-from-the-lodz-ghetto. A link goes to https://collections.ushmm.org/search/catalog/pa1520.